Sunday, March 8, 2009

My Flag Football Player


Stoney had his first flag football game, and he's... SHOCKER... on defense. We were running late, I know can you believe that?? Anyway so when we get there, Stoney had just enough time to run out onto the field. They immediately put him in on the inside on defense. They are 5 on 5. The play starts, and the offensive kid with the ball runs right at Stoney and Stoney wraps him up, takes him down and grabs his flag. I thought Cody was going to have a heart attack from pride. Can I also say that you can't tackle in flag football, but because the kid ran into Stoney, they called it contact on both sides. He made a similar play later in the games, except that time he got an angle on the kid, took him down and grabbed his flag. We took the penalty on that one. There was no contact from the other side... that was all McGuire. Afterwards when we were talking about it, Stoney said I just can't help it, I have to tackle them if they get that close. I think those were the sweetest words Cody has ever heard. Cody doesn't care about flag football rules, tackles make him happy. Case all but chewed through the fence to get onto the field with Stoney. Lord help me when they are both out there.
Princess was making friends in the stands. She had her baby doll, the one that is dirty and looks strung out on something, but she loves that baby doll. She found a friend who had candy so she was a happy girl.
She's our softball girl now. Cody's the coach, and I am by default the team mom. It's been SO much work, but she's worth it. They are the red raiders, (all the teams are college teams and Cody got to pick which one we were!) She is doing good, she runs on her tiptoes and LOVES her pink cleats. She's so funny.
I am back in training after my broken arm. I got back on the bike after being off 6 weeks. I have 6 weeks until the MS 150. I have tons of work to do. TONS, I have to get back into shape.
more on that later.

1 comment:

Jeri Pair McGuire said...

OHHH I miss the kids so much! I'm glad Stoney is doing good in flag football. I bet Cody is so proud. I read it aloud to Clay and even he got all pumped up. Give the kiddos a kiss from their Aunt Jeri.